Student Volunteer Program
The INTERSPEECH 2015 Student Volunteer Program provides students without a paper the unique opportunity to contribute to the success of the conference onsite.
- Priority will be given to students with ISCA or INTERSPEECH grants, as well as to students who have no accepted paper, but would like to attend INTERSPEECH 2015.
- Students accepted as volunteers are expected to assist with the organization of the conference with a workload of 3-4 sessions for the entire conference.
- Upon successful completion, the student will receive a Certificate of Student Volunteer Service.
- The Student Volunteer Program coordinator is Benjamin Weiss (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Each non-grant student volunteer will receive a free registration to the scientific program of INTERSPEECH 2015 to follow the presentations when not at duty.
- Each student volunteer will receive an INTERSPEECH 2015 T-shirt to wear when on duty.
- Opportunity to meet, learn and network with experts
- Opportunity to gain experience and acquire leadership skills in organizing social events
Duties of Volunteers
Student volunteers will be involved in matters including, but not limited to
- Support both social and technical events
Specific duties will be informed nearer to the conference.
- Application Opens: now opened until filled
Students who are interested in serving as volunteers are invited to send their applications with the following information:
- Name and affiliation
- Contact information (address, email and phone)
- Short bio (no more than 300 words)
- Proof of full-time student status (e.g. a copy of student ID)
- Tentative conference sessions and dates for volunteer service (e.g. which days, daytime)
- Tentative travel plan (dates of arrival and departure)